[TR] Frame Paint

Bob yellowtr at adelphia.net
Sun Dec 14 08:51:36 MST 2008

On Sunday 14 December 2008 09:45:32 marty sukey wrote:
> Got the TR4A/TR250/TR6 frame back from the sandblasters this week and and
> getting ready to have at it. What have you folks used for frame paint that
> you have liked (or didn't like).
>
> Thanks,
> Marty

Marty,

I just got a frame paint kit from Eastwood for the 6 project as it was on
sale.

Here is a
link.http://www.eastwoodco.com/jump.jsp?itemID=23497&itemType=PRODUCT

I will use this paint on the 6 frame this spring after the sand blasting is
finished.

Sounds like a good product but since I havent tried it yet I cant say for sure
if it is worth the extra $.

In the past I have used rustoleum primer (red), (gray) and then the final coat
of glossy black.

So far that is working out ok but I dont drive in the snow and try to avoid
rain.

Both my 3 and 4 frames were sandblasted.

Bob