[TR] Frame Paint

terryrs at comcast.net terryrs at comcast.net
Sun Dec 14 08:02:14 MST 2008

>Got the TR4A/TR250/TR6 frame back from the sandblasters this week and and
>getting ready to have at it. What have you folks used for frame paint that
you
>have liked (or didn't like).

Marty, when I took my TR3 down to the frame, it was in pretty good shape, so I
wire brushed it like crazy, Simple Greened it, rinsed, and used phosophoric
acid to ready the metal.B  Then I painted with POR 15.B  Exceedingly happy
with the results.B  POR 15 allegedly gets harder when wettened, and bonds to
rust.

What I don't know is, how it would bond with metal after sandblasting.

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A (TS 58667)

New Hampshire