[TR] Government at its worst

Andrew Uprichard auprichard at comcast.net
Tue Dec 2 08:25:54 MST 2008

Team:

4 years ago I bought TS51185 from a guy in Connecticut and got a notarized
bill of sale.  Having now gotten the car to a point (running, almost ready
for paint, hopefully less than a year from finished) where I would like it
to be insured, I applied for a Massachusetts Title.  Well, apparently our
great commonwealth recently enacted a law of "no new titles" and are
refusing to accept my application without a previous title.  I explained
that the guy who sold it to me probably never had a title, and certainly is
not going to be interested in going about getting one in retrospect.  The
lady's reply ?  "Well, I guess you won't be driving it anytime soon"

Has anyone come across this type of thing before ?  Any Advice ?

A frustrated,

Andrew Uprichard
TR3B:  TCF 191L (titled)
TR3A:  TS 51185L (who knows......)