[TR] Cam Timing

DLylis at aol.com DLylis at aol.com
Tue Dec 2 04:29:05 MST 2008

In a message dated 12/2/2008 12:08:58 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
nogera at worldnet.att.net writes:

I can't  find any marks that
would indicate which mounting holes were  mates.

First I would highly recommend getting a Bentley manual.  There should  be a
prick punch mark at the edge of one of the holes on the wheel that
corresponds to one of the holes on the cam.  As well there should be a  scribe mark on
both the cam wheel (large) and crank wheel (small) that point to  each other at
#1 TDC. If you have neither then it is possible that the wheels  have been
replaced which also raises the possibility that the cam has been  changed.
IIWY I would make an attempt to find out what you have for a cam and  if it
is not a stock cam then the stock timing will not necessarily apply.
INHO, this you need to know for sure as correcting it at a  later time will
be a real pain.

David  Lylis
69 TR6 CC26160L
60 TR3A TS74461LO