[TR] more torqueeness, security, etc.

Jeff Scarbrough fishplate at charter.net
Wed Aug 27 18:23:06 MDT 2008

At 06:19 PM 8/27/2008, Karl Vacek wrote:
>There are lots of ways to safety-wire fasteners.

<snip>

>Aircraft mechanics safety things all day long.  If you look for a copy of
>FAA Advisory Circular AC 43.13 you will see lots of examples of various ways
>to properly safety wire bolts, screws, plugs, etc.

Here ya go...

<http://rgl.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Guidance_Library/rgAdvisoryCircular.nsf/0/99c827db9baac81b86256b4500596c4e/$FILE/Chapter%2007.pdf>

aka  http://tinyurl.com/safety-wire

I've got some surplus safety-wire pliers at work, never knew exactly
how to use them.  Now I can have some fun!

Jeff Scarbrough      75 TR6 x 1, 76 1500 x 2, 78 1500 x 1, 80 1500 x 0.5
http://www.fishplate.org/vehicles/
Athens, Georgia         #354