[TR] no oil pressure after dizzy change-resolved i think

Gary Nafziger nafzigerg at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 25 08:52:21 MDT 2008

problem was no oil pressure after dizzy change.  I had turned the skew gear
that runs off cam shaft in order to turn the dizzy since vacuum canister was
hitting block.  In doing that I hadn't thought about the oil pump shaft at all
,and apparently they didn't mesh................................... so no
pressure on start up.  (i ran the car about 100 feet out....then back to
garage with no pressure)
I found this out upon tearing everything apart from
pump to guage. and assume the distributor shaft was spinning on the oil pump
shaft without seating.
Hope i didn't ruin anyting in the distributor with
tightening it down like that.  All fixed now (i think) and waiting on a new
oil pan gasket.  A good lesson on neophyte wrencher and why professional
mechanics.........are professionals!
I'm sure glad we have pro's on this
list helping us all out!
thanks again to the list!