[TR] torque tightening

dorpaul dorpaul at bellsouth.net
Mon Aug 25 09:54:18 MDT 2008

List,
I am double-checking the torque values on nuts on my front suspension.  Some
nuts which originally had just been guessed at, and were originally set too
high, are loosened and retorqued to the correct setting.  However, a couple
that can't be reached are thought to be too high.  If that's the case, should
I be concerned enuf to 'take something off so I can get to them?'

Also, is a fresh nyloc nut that much better than a thick nut and lockwasher?

Thanks,
Paul Dorsey  60 TR3

--
It has removed 887 spam emails to date.