[TR] tr-3 forward rear leaf spring bolt

tom white tswhitez123 at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 7 08:33:55 MDT 2008

The springs are easy to remove and install with the forward pivot bolt rusted
in place.  All you have to do is remove the rear fender first.

I removed the rusted in front pivot bolts from my TR3A by heating the bolt
until I heard a load "Pop".  After the pop the bolt came out using the bolt I
had screwed into the head of the bold.  There is a threaded hole in the head
of the bolt to receive the extraction bolt.

When I replaced the pivot bolts I coated them with anti-sieze.

Best regards,
Tom

> Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2008 12:15:08 -0700
> From: nafzigerg at yahoo.com
> To: triumphs at autox.team.net
> Subject: [TR] tr-3 forward rear leaf spring bolt
>
> I keep reading various opinions about the forward bolt which attaches the
rear
> leaf springs to the frame of a tr-3.  These are pressure fitted and usually
> rust fast to the frame.  Suggestions are that these should be removed from
the
> frame when the body is off as its nearly impossible to do with body on.
Then