[TR] Differential Problem?

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Mon Aug 4 22:21:50 MDT 2008

> I jacked it up today and discovered that the rear wheels when
> one is rotated by hand the opposite wheel goes in the
> opposite direction.

That's actually quite normal for a standard differential.  The wheels only
go in the same direction for certain types of "limited slip" differentials.

> It appears that when I shift from a
> forward gear to reverse that one of the wheels stays in
> forward until it is "unlocked"

Might possibly be a brake shoe hanging up somehow, but my guess would be
it's a transmission problem.  Are you certain the shift interlock (pin and
two balls in the shift cover) was assembled properly?

Randall