[TR] reinstalling tr-6 engine

Gary Nafziger nafzigerg at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 4 21:35:25 MDT 2008

I installed my engine with the help of son.  we simply used a rented engine
hoist.  went in very slick without need of oberg lift thing.  Son just got on
the back side pushing down on the overdrive to get enough tilt and rolled the
hoist forward and it went in well.  the hydraulic lever to lower was so
sensitive it was easy to lower very slowly.
I had been having trouble with
throw out bearings.  so i attached the transmission (with new clutch and Gunst
throw out system) to engine before installing.  I wanted to be sure i got the
tranny and engine lined up perfectly with dowels in place and everything
completed out where i could see it well.  (of course i'm a newbie and its
british soo i ended up pulling the tranny out anyway a couple weeks later but
thats another story.LOL)
gary nafziger