[TR] Fw: Hydrogen fuel.

tom white tswhitez123 at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 2 09:25:20 MDT 2008

>Unfortunately for the people who just fabricate their own unit, it takes
extensive modifications to the ECU's air/fuel mixture map to take full
advantage of the system.

That was one of my concerns about the hydrogen system.  However, if you own a
Ford car you can contact Blue Oval Chips (NFI) and buy a custom chip to remap
the air fuel mixture to accommodate the hydrogen and maximize it's benefits.
The cost of the chip would be something around $400.00.  I suspect there are
plenty of firms out there that can make similar chips for all the other car
brands.

So if the installation of the hydrogen system costs $600.00 total and produces
a 20% increase in combustion efficiency then you would recover the cost of the
installation in about 1000 gallons of gas at $4.00/Gal.  For me that is 67
tanks of gas or just about one year of driving.  From a financial perspective
a one year payback is excellent on any investment.

I have a 460 C.I. Ford van that will get the hydrogen kit in the near future.

Best regards,
Tom