[TR] changed points..........runs like chit......lol

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Fri Aug 1 17:16:13 MDT 2008

> Another strange thing i've never had happen before is that the timing has
> changed from 7-8 btdc to around 23 btdc.

Well, the most obvious thing would be not getting the gap right, since that
would affect the timing.  Have you double-checked the point gap?

If not that, I would guess that the advance mechanism is broken or jammed
somehow.  If I remember correctly, the condenser is mounted with a special
short screw and using a longer one can jam the mechanism.

> Things i still need to check out are plugs/wires ect.

I would get the timing right first, as overly advanced timing will not only
make it run bad, but can permanently damage the motor.  Having the point gap
too wide (which will result in advanced timing) also causes problems with
weak spark, especially at higher rpm, which can cause the motor to run
poorly.

Randall