[TR] changed points..........runs like chit......lol

Jim Muller jimmuller at rcn.com
Fri Aug 1 17:52:43 MDT 2008

On 1 Aug 2008 at 16:16, Randall wrote:

> > ...the timing has changed from 7-8 btdc to around 23 btdc.
>
> Well, the most obvious thing would be not getting the gap right,
> since that would affect the timing.  Have you double-checked
> the point gap?

True, but another question is why it moved at all.  One possibility
is that the points wore abnormally or broke.  If the cam follower
wore away, the timing would have moved backwards (unless I've got it
totally wrong).  If the points burned themselves away or perhaps
broke (which I saw happen on a Datsun 510) the timing would have
moved forward.

--
Jim Muller
jimmuller at rcn.com