[TR] changed points..........runs like chit......lol

Gary Nafziger nafzigerg at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 1 16:23:24 MDT 2008

I'm breaking in a fresh engine and have around 200 trouble free miles.  It's been running good except the points were very very worn.  I changed to new ones several days ago and now it runs like chit.  I can't get a "miss" out of it.  Seems worse on acceleration.

Another strange thing i've never had happen before is that the timing has changed from 7-8 btdc to around 23 btdc.  The idle speed also increased around 500 rpm's.  Things i still need to check out are plugs/wires ect.  I thought i'd throw this out to the list.

thanks!

gary nafziger