[TR] Help with odd issue on my TR6

Ashford Little 70tr6 at mindspring.com
Tue Apr 22 09:17:48 MDT 2008

Something is wrong with my car and I can't seem to diagnose it.
Traditionally after driving my car for even short periods of time I
have black soot all over the back of my car. The engine marks its
territory and consumes oil like some members consume Newcastle. This
all made sense, but no more.

Now, when I drive my car there is no plume of smoke, no tail lights
that are stained black, and the engine oil level remains constant. I
just can't understand.

Oh, and then there's the performance issue; for some reason I'm now
able to rev over 4k. The car revs and revs and makes a nice howling
noise when in the upper rpm range. What am I to do?

Ashford Little
GTA Director
6-Pack Membership Secretary
'70 TR6