[TR] Clutch advice

Greg Perry rgperry at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 7 20:14:51 MDT 2008

Bill,

Using the spring along side the slave cylinder would attempt to pull the throwout bearing away from the clutch plate fingers.  I believe that using the spring to pull the clutch shaft arm toward the rear of the car would put the throwout bearing in contact with the clutch plate fingers.  This would be the same as putting a little pressure on the clutch pedal to make the bearing noise  go away.  Now all this depends on the quality/ type bearing (continuous use or momentary use) that was installed.  On the other hand was the transmission lined up/ centered properly using the 3/8" alignment dowels when last installed?  I'll leave it to other list members that have been through this before to correct/ add to these thoughts.
Regards,
Greg Perry