[TR] Lucas's looseness limits lighting?

Joe Curry spitlist at cox.net
Sun Apr 6 13:00:21 MDT 2008

IMHO it is not the looseness that causes the problems but the corrosion that
occurs that will break the circuit.

One might lead to the other but the culprit is moisture which seeps into the
connection because the connectors are exposed to the elements.

Solder connections will of course make a better circuit but vibrations in
the car will weaken the connection and the solder connection is then much
more difficult to correct because it is keeping the two parts fixed
together.

Ultimately, the best fix is to replace all the connectors with modern
moisture proof connectors but then your car would not be original and that
is a lot of work.

Joe C.