[TR] Lucas's looseness limits lighting?

60TR3A 60TR3A at cox.net
Sun Apr 6 13:36:31 MDT 2008

Another way to improve bullet connections is to crimp the bullet onto
the wire.  I have to admit, that when I rewired my TR3 I bought one of
the crimpers, but I never was able to get what I thought was a good
crimp.  Others on the list, e.g., Bob Danielson, have said they will
never solder again.

BTW, the FAA does NOT allow soldered connections for exactly Joe Curry
mentions below - vibrations causing breaks in the wire at the solder!
I have a colleague who is building his own aircraft, and it only uses
crimped bullet connects!

John

John A. Wise
Glendale, AZ