[TR] Battery "Leaking"

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Fri Sep 28 00:42:42 MDT 2007

> I connected my external volt meter and it read 12.6 with the
> car off and 13.85 when running and moved up to 13.9 at 3000
> RPM rpm. I don't want to replace the battery if that not the
> issue. Any ideas?

I'd hook the voltmeter up so I could take a drive with it connected.  13.9
isn't too high, but you don't know if it was being limited by the regulator
or by the battery.

Another test would be to run the engine at around 3K and (carefully) look
into the battery cells.  If only one or two are bubbling, the battery is
likely bad.  But if they all are bubbling, the alternator is likely
overcharging.

Randall