[TR] TR6 Problems

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Sun Sep 2 18:37:10 MDT 2007

> With
> the 250 rotor the Six fired  enough to get her home, but just
> barely as she ran like crap the few miles  needed.

Darrell, the very first thing that makes me think is "bad plug wire".  The
bad wire lets the system voltage go much higher than usual, which eventually
breaks down and carbon tracks the rotor, which shorts all the spark to
ground.  A new rotor will get the engine running, but poorly due to the bad
wire ... until the new rotor fails and strands you again.

Randall