[TR] Looking for a TRiumph 2000

Mark Gendron trlist01 at canleyworks.com
Tue Oct 30 07:11:39 MST 2007

My grandfather bought a TR2000 MK1 from Cleveland Jaguar
in 1966 or 1967, to replace his traditional Austin. He had a
fair amount of trouble with it. One (very) big item was that
the rear suspension mounting broke away from the chassis on at
least two occasions. Apparently this was a common problem with
the early model. I don't know whether Triumph devised a fix for
this, but you might want to check into it before purchasing one
of these vehicles.

-Mark