[TR] generator charging problems

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Sun Oct 28 22:03:48 MST 2007

>   Now I have no charging and no generator lamp at anytime, on
> or off.  I am thinking voltage regulator problems, but I
> wanted to ask for comment before getting dirty again.

I'm thinking most likely the wires have come loose from the D terminal on
the control box.  Except for the join at that point, the light should come
on even without the control box in the circuit.  And if the problem was just
wiring to the light, the generator should still charge.

Another possibility might be both wires loose from the generator ... not
sure if the control box provides enough of a ground path to light the
warning lamp or not.

Randall