[TR] Autumn classic.-- now rear springs

John Herrera jrherrera90 at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 23 14:12:52 MDT 2007

>remaining collar and split that off.   Now for the pin.  There is a
>problem.  I am
>hesitant as to how  much I want to wail on the threaded end because if I
>damage
>it and absolutely  cannot get that pin out, I am, how you say?. . .screwed.
>I have  given it mighty blows with a brass three pound hammer and it scoffs
>at
>me.   I am going to spray PB Blaster on it for the next two or three days
>and
>try  again.  The bearing surface of the pin is fine but I do not want to
>reassemble a freshly painted body on this should I break a spring sometime
>in
>the future and cannot get it out.  The body would then have to come off
>again.
>
>David  Lylis
>69 TR6 CC26160L
>60 TR3A TS74461LO

David:

The pin in my old TR3 racecar moved a little and then stopped. I found that
it was stuck because it was bent, probably due to a wreck years ago. The
bent part prevented it from passing through the hole.

Can you tell if your pin is bent?

I cut the pin flush with the outer frame rail with a sawzall, then was able
to remove the remaining piece with the body in place and no hole drilled in
it. I put a pickle fork under the pin head and beat on the end of the pickle
fork so that it acted as a lever to pull the pin. I also used Aerokroil, a
torch, and curse words. Quite a bit of torch, actually.

If your pin is bent, it's ruined anyway, so you might s well cut it off so
you aren't trying to push or pull the bent part through the hole.

John