[TR] Autumn classic.-- now rear springs

DLylis at aol.com DLylis at aol.com
Mon Oct 22 19:43:31 MDT 2007

In a message dated 10/22/2007 6:12:07 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
ambritts at bellsouth.net writes:

First if  you take the
tub off the frame there is no  problem.

There is no problem with what?  The PO changed the drivers side  rear spring
on my 3A along with the pin, but apparently ran into the same  problem that I
am having with the passenger side so he put it all back  together.  I have
about a 1/2 inch sag on the passenger side. The body  is off and the drivers side
slid nicely apart.  On the passenger side  I used a puller to remove the
spring and the silentbloc but the inside steel  collar remained siezed to the pin.
 The rubber tore and the spring came  off.  I then cut a grove in the
remaining collar and split that off.   Now for the pin.  There is a problem.  I am
hesitant as to how  much I want to wail on the threaded end because if I damage
it and absolutely  cannot get that pin out, I am, how you say?. . .screwed.
I have  given it mighty blows with a brass three pound hammer and it scoffs at
me.   I am going to spray PB Blaster on it for the next two or three days and
try  again.  The bearing surface of the pin is fine but I do not want to
reassemble a freshly painted body on this should I break a spring sometime in
the future and cannot get it out.  The body would then have to come off  again.

David  Lylis
69 TR6 CC26160L
60 TR3A TS74461LO