[TR] front clip reinstallation?

Paul Dorsey dorpaul at negia.net
Sat Oct 20 17:52:27 MDT 2007

Tomorrow I will be adding the other front fender onto my TR3.  I thinking that
this will be followed by adding the front apron.  However, I wonder if there's
any special tips or suggestions for doing this?  I'm guessing that I'll fasten
the mounted outer fenders to the remaining inner fenders before I'll position
the apron.  But whoa!  I want to install a "pusher" electric fan to the
radiator before the apron ever goes on right?
    Of course, I'll also want to do any last minute things to the gone-thru
and rebuilt steering box (I guess just add steering oil, right?).  The
steering appartus has also been 'refreshed'.  If there's no problem with the
above, then I'll be able to mount the front apron, right?

    Actually, I do think I've heard of a suggestion and possibly might follow
it: it is to remove the radiator by lifting it off it's 3/16" mounting bolts
and replace them with 5/16" bolts as this makes something easier??  (This
sounds like just creating an extra step!)

    Is there anything I need to include or change since I've never done this
before?  It's been years since I disassembled the car.

Thanks Much in advance,
Paul Dorsey- 60 TR3