[TR] 2 TR3 front fender questions

Paul Dorsey dorpaul at negia.net
Mon Oct 8 11:47:42 MDT 2007

I ask another 'what's this for question':

I am installing all four fenders/wings and am clueless.  On each front fender,
and 'cut in edgeways' are 6 ovals or slots. They are spaced 4-5" apart.
These slots would directly above and forward of the front tires and only
visable when the bonnet is raised.  They are only proably 1/4" below the car's
hood.  What are these slots for?

Also, I (think) I know beading is normally attached by squeezing the tab
between the panels and doing a 1/2 twist (with the tab bottom).
But, how is the beading tabs attached to the fender (in that major portion of
the fender exposed where the hood) is?  Obviously, this part of the beading
will be seen when the hood is raised?

Both of these questions concern the same panel( front fender) same stretch
Thanks,
Paul 60 TR3.