[TR] Update 4 Changing oil to full synthetic

Greg Perry rgperry at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 3 12:42:51 MDT 2007

Continued from Update 3 Changing oil to full synthetic;

disclaimer: I do not have any connections or inside information about motor
oils or any additives.  Please take the information in this e-mail and links
for what it is worth.  I am only stating my thoughts and opinion about the
subject.  Sometimes peoplebs opinions contradict one another.

Links continued;
Research Paper on b
Interpretation of experiments on ZDDP anti-wear films
through pressure-induced cross-linkingb
   (ZDDP bonds better to iron metals
than aluminum metals; current engines have more aluminum)

http://www.apmaths.uwo.ca/~mmuser/Papers/TL05.pdf

Article  b
Motor oil: it's all too easy to use the wrong oneb
 by Jacques
Gordon applies to the latest engines not older engines includes an explanation
of ILSAC.  Basically changing the oil every 3,000 miles any oil will do for
older engines.

http://www.motoroilworld.com/choosing_an_oil.html

Foreign Parts Positively, Inc. website:
Keith Ansell is the author of the articles that have been quoted or linked to
in discussions about DZZP and flat tappet cam failure in British car club news
letters.  There may be others.   The tech article section is under
construction.

http://www.foreignpartspositively.com/

I tried to find the article mention below by Gil Wistrup at the Jaguar
Association of Central New York website without success.  The link is for
Jaguar Cubs of North America;

Castrol GTX 20W50 is widely recommended. An article in the March 2002 British
Marque written by Gil Wistrup of the Jaguar Association of Central New York
strongly advises the use of CG-4 (compression ignition) diesel rated engine
oils which contain a significant amount of ZDDP antioxidation additive.  CG-4
engine oils contain about 80% more ZDDP & about 50% more detergent than SJ
(spark ignition) rated oils.  Itbs supposed to be excellent for cars that
sit idle a good part of their life.

Regards, Greg Perry