[TR] TR3A Alternator Conversion Bracket Problem

tr3driver at ca.rr.com tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Sun Nov 25 11:15:52 MST 2007

---- terryrs at comcast.net wrote:

> Not sure what you mean by "single point."  Is that a reference to the upper bracket?

Sorry, wrong term.  I was referring to having the lower mount attached at only one point (engine front plate), the same configuration that Bill referred to as unsatisfactory.

Best I can tell, the lack of rear mount allowed the alternator to vibrate and flop around.  Had a terrible time keeping bolts tight, plus belts didn't last very long (even the heavy-duty Cummins belts).  When I added a piece of pipe & a long bolt to engage the original rear generator mount, all the other problems disappeared.

Randall - currently in the Garlic capital of the world :^)