[TR] loss of damper oil

tr3driver at ca.rr.com tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Sun Nov 25 10:53:39 MST 2007

---- james mc arthur <jrmcarthur at verizon.net> wrote:
> I need to drive the car approximately 15 miles so I am not inclined
> to do anything very involved at this point. My problem is that all of the
> damper oil in the front carb has disappeared.

Jim, I think the solution has been covered; but no one mentioned that you can make your 15 mile drive without solving the problem.  The oil in the damper only comes into play when you first open the throttle, so it won't damage anything to drive without it.  The engine won't take throttle gracefully, but should run fine as long as you open the throttle slowly enough (or wait for it to pick up after opening it suddenly).

Randall