[TR] was ballast resistor/ electronic ignition, now I was wrong and an apology

Tim Gaines mtgaines at mail.presby.edu
Thu Nov 8 05:57:33 MST 2007

With this talk of electronic ignition, let me throw in another
question.  I too have a 1980 Spit with Lucas electronic ignition.
Over the last few years that once reliable system has let me down a
few times.  It seems that every time it does, I can "fix" it by
fiddling with the bolts that hold the module down.  I think it is a
ground problem.  Am I correct in assuming that the module body is
supposed to be grounded.  I am going to try for a more permanent fix
for this problem (not working  right now again), but I want to be
sure that grounding is the proper course of action.

Tim

1980 Spitfire
1974 TR6