[TR] Ballast resistors and Electronic ignition

Wayne Lee motorcarriage at charter.net
Tue Nov 6 14:07:46 MST 2007

Hi Eric,
     I learned one thing today, and I suspect You will too. For me it's that
a 76 TR6 had electronic Ignition. I thought my 75 was the same as a 76. That
is that it had a Points, Condensor, and Ballasted Ignition system. I think
what Randall was refering to was having a 6 Volt Coil running on 12 Volts.
I don't claim to know the effect on the Pertronix module, but I think it's
possible to damage it from such a mistake.
    The Ballast is inline in the wiring from the Ignition Switch on my 75
TR6.

Wayne Lee
Douglas,MA
58 TR3