[TR] Wedge front springs

McGaheyRx at aol.com McGaheyRx at aol.com
Tue Jul 31 13:31:11 MDT 2007

In a message dated 7/31/2007 2:06:45 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
TR250Driver at aol.com writes:

I did  renew the bump stops.

I figured you would have.
Previous owners of 2 of my TR8s put front shocks in without bump  stops.
One had Carreras - i poured the fluid that used to be in the shocks out of
the shock tubes - a shame since Carrerra doesn't make em for the wedge anymore.
 I'll bet they were good - before the car bottomed the first time or two.
The other had Konis - one was bent and the other had become infinitely
adjustable

I put  standard rated springs in from one of the
big three.  I was looking  for the correct ride height.  I do not wish to
install any uprated  springs that in theory lower the car but I may have to
go that
route since  my confidence is low now on the standard springs available.

I've been told that the Wedges weren't all originally equipped with the  same
front springs -
I just checked my original parts catalog - there were 5 different part nos
for front springs, depending on whether you had a TR7 with a 4 or 5 spd, with
or  without AC, or a TR8 with or without AC.
I guess if there's only one replacement choice for "standard" springs for
all of those, you might get something that makes a TR8 w AC sit too  low.
Ted's springs will RAISE the ride height in a car with original  springs that
have settled and i would guess it will raise yours too.

Cheers,
Jack Mc