[TR] TR4 Electronic Ignition Question

pethier at comcast.net pethier at comcast.net
Mon Jul 30 12:54:43 MDT 2007

From: "Daehler, William F" <william.f.daehler at delphi.com>
> So I was looking at the alternative upgrades for my ignition system,
> which is currently just points.  Looks like I could buy a Petronix kit
> which replaces the points with a shutter and an optical trigger.

You sure they are selling you an optical system?  The positive-ground Pertronix I have on my TR4 is a hall-effect unit.  It installed quite easily and did not even change the timing.  I have had no trouble so far, but I keep the points and wiring instructions in a small plastic container in the glove box just in case.

--
Phil Ethier  West Side  Saint Paul Minnesota  USA
1962 Triumph TR4 CT2846L, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1993 Suburban,