[TR] TR3A oil cooler

v6spitfireguy at cox.net v6spitfireguy at cox.net
Mon Jul 30 14:23:04 MDT 2007

I'll give you my two cents worth
On my 40 Ford Pickup, I had a slight problem with overheating at idle, only
with the air conditioning on.  This is with a large aluminum radiator,
mechanical seven blade flex fan with a shroud, in a puller configuration.
The air conditioning condenser was mounted center, right in front of the
radiator (less than 1/8 inch spacing) and the transmission cooler mounted
right in front of the condenser (also less than 1/8 inch) but in the lower
half .  I re-arraigned the mounting of all three items, with the same
positioning vertical and horizontal positions, but I spaced the items apart
with about = inch between them instead of them being so close together.
The temp gauge now never waivers, even with the air on!

I have my GT6 oil cooler mounted out in front of the radiator, factory
style and its probably about 6 inches away (not able to measure it at the
moment) from the radiator -

For what its worth

Barry Schwartz
La Mesa, CA (San Diego)