[TR] odd tr4 restoring prob

Bob Labuz yellowtr at adelphia.net
Sun Jul 29 19:18:42 MDT 2007

On Sunday 29 July 2007 06:33 pm, CarlSereda at aol.com wrote:
> Hi all,
> Are there any other TR4 owners/restorers out there finding a problem with
> the upper front valance 'parking light BRACKETS' located in the wrong
> position behind the grill's lamp holes? I have 2 upper valances and 4
> grills. It looks t o
> be that the parking lamp support brackets were welded in the wrong location
> from factory on both valances..  I'd like to have these brackets function
> (stabilizing the 2 parklamps and grill corners). This would require
> drilling ou t
> spot welds, repositioning brackets and re-welding.
> WERE ALL PARK LAMP BRACKETS POSITIONED WRONG FROM FACTORY!?! - anyone have
> lamp holes that line up with the brackets? Any tips?
> Regards,
> Carl
> '63 TR4 since '74
> **************************************
Carl,

I just completed my 63 restoration and the grill lined up perfectly with all 4
valance brackets.

Both the parking lights and directionals are secured by all brackets.

That grill and lights are very solid with all those speed nuts!

The Triumph engineers really didnt want the grill falling off!

As far as I can tell, it was the orginal valance. I did replace the lower
valance but that did not affect the alignment of the brackets in the upper
part.

It sounds like you have a 4A valance with the 4 grill.

Bob