[TR] odd tr4 restoring prob

Jerry Van Vlack jerryvv at adelphia.net
Sun Jul 29 18:03:50 MDT 2007

Carl, I have just begun a long awaited restoration of my TR4A today. I have
a newly finished tub ready to install on my frame and so have begun to
disassemble the original tub. I've owned this car since 1969 (it's a 1966)
and it's never had front end damage. Your point is interesting so I went and
looked at my 2 tubs. The original tub has those brackets welded at the 12
o'clock position but the rebuilt tub with a repro front valence has those
brackets welded at the 9 o'clock position. So I guess I've found exactly
what you have found. I don't know what effect this will have when I go to
re-install the grill and the lights. I don't know if this addresses your
concerns or just verifies your findings. It's a 4A as well so there is a
slight difference between the grills but the light placement is the same.
JVV