[TR] high engine rpm

Ted Schumacher tedtsimx at bright.net
Mon Jul 23 11:47:28 MDT 2007

John, to determine diff ratio, exception being a limited slip or welded
diff, with 1 wheel held statinonary, rotate the driveshaft.  mark the
driveshaft adn a refernece point ofn the rear wheel.  Count the number
of drveahft turns needed to get 1 wheel revolutioln.  Multiply this by
2. Example, a 3.45 diff wil ltake "almost 1 3/4 turns of the driveshaft
to acheive 1 rear wheel revolution.  1 3/4 times 2 is 3.5.  You will
find it takes "slightly less" than 1 3/4 turns so you have a 3.45.  A
3.7 ratio will take more than 1 3/4 turns but less than 2 turn to
acheive 1 wheel revolution. Ted

--
Ted Schumacher
tedtsimx at bright.net
http://www.tsimportedautomotive.com
108 S. Jefferson St.
Pandora, Ohio, USA 45877
Fax: 419.384.3272 (24 Hrs.)
Phone: 800.543.6648 (US & Canada)
Tech/ Gen. Information/ Worldwide: 419.384.3022