[TR] high engine rpm

Joe Curry spitlist at cox.net
Fri Jul 20 19:13:40 MDT 2007

Yes,
You can jack up the rear of the car and while preventing one rear wheel from
turning, rotate the drive shaft and count the number of revolutions that the
drive shaft must be rotated to cause the free wheel to turn one complete
revolution.  The ratio of those two elements will reveal the ratio of the
diff.

In other words, if you have to turn the shaft 4.11 turns, you have a 4.11
rear end.

Joe