[TR] Building a 150 hp engine

Joe Curry spitlist at cox.net
Fri Jul 13 12:00:48 MDT 2007

You have to be very careful adding a supercharger to an already prepared
engine because the equivalent compression ratio increase may push the engine
over the top as far as reliability is concerned.  I am not all that sure
that a stock engine would be very reliable with the added boost of a blower.
The lower end of our little engines is pretty weak by comparison to the
engines that come equipped by design for blowers or turbos and unless you
actually lower the standard compression to offset the increase caused by the
blower, you may end up doing a lot of damage to the bottom end.  Things like
rods through the block or broken crankshafts.

My 2 cents worth

Joe C.