[TR] Leather straps for TR6 luggage rack

Glenn A. Merrell StagByTriumph at tscusa.org
Wed Dec 5 11:04:28 MST 2007

John Macartney wrote:
> If one has a picnic basket for occasional use on one's luggage rack, one does not leave the straps
> in place when one has no basket. Simply "not done" old boy. Instead, one rolls up the straps and
> keeps them somewhere convenient, though one could request one's Butler to keep the straps pristine
> with the application of saddle soap and boot polish.
> If the Butler declines to do this, he should discuss the matter with one's Groom in the Tack Room
>
> Jonmac

Beg Pardon Sir.  We are talking Triumph motor cars here ... You must be
on the wrong list - this list subscribes strictly to the principals
established by the Charles Macartney Award rules for Triumph use.  =-O
Bentley, Rolls and Jag-you-are lists cost money to subscribe, through
engraved invitation and special introduction, are only frequented by the
man servant of the establishment responsible for the motor carriage.  :-$

--
Glenn A. Merrell
Chairman, Triumph Stag Club USA (2007-2009)