[TR] Max Lucas TR7 Gremlins

Dave1massey at cs.com Dave1massey at cs.com
Wed Aug 29 06:01:11 MDT 2007

In a message dated 8/28/2007 8:08:18 PM Central Daylight Time,
TR250Driver at aol.com writes:
> The left side turn signal has issues. I knew this so Beverly and I
> attempted
> to check it out tonight.  Wow, if you depress the brake with the  left turn
> signal on the back up lights come on and everything else is  dark.  If the
> tail
> lights are on and left turn signal is on  really weird stuff occurs, right
> side is on, but left side goes dark and  back up lights shine.  Really very
> weird and not complete here.  I  actually saw the left brake light and turn
> signal
> alternate flashes at some  point.  This is the car that also shines the oil
> light at all times for no  apparent reason.
> Big time in need but understanding that this is not an easy one. Willing to
>
> do recommended  testing of course.

Darrell, this is the classical symptom of a bad ground on that side.  The
current wants to return to ground but that path is blocked so it finds another
path through the back up light to the back up light on the other side and then
to ground.  Since that is not a low resistance ground weird things happen.

Check the ground on that side and see if it clears up.

Cheers

Dave