[TR] Adjusting valves on a TR6

Jim Muller jimmuller at rcn.com
Fri Aug 24 21:56:56 MDT 2007

On 25 Aug 2007 at 3:11, pethier at comcast.net wrote (and Randall wrote
similarly):

> Gear ratio is the same,  Use top gear.

Duh, of course.  Why was I thunking reverse?  Backwards must mean you
were using reverse gear, right? :-)

> Backwards is easier because you can bump the car bumper with your
> knees while you are looking at the valves or distributor cam or
> whatever you are working on.

Well, as I said before, with a Spitfire or GT6 that's not an issue!

> Obviously the Europa was easier forwards, because I was bumping the
> back bumper.  :-)

I woulda' thought the Europa had overhead cams adjusted with shims.
Except that it was just a Renault engine after all, right.  Or was it
adjustable OHC?  Or was the JPS a real Lotus engine?  Or are you just
talking about setting static timing?

So many questions.

--
Jim Muller