[TR] Adjusting valves on a TR6

pethier at comcast.net pethier at comcast.net
Fri Aug 24 21:11:29 MDT 2007

From: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller at rcn.com>
> On 24 Aug 2007 at 8:31, Randall wrote:
>
> > > To adjust the valves on my '74 TR6, I need a way to turn the
> > > engine over.
> >
> > I like to put it in gear and push the car backwards.
>
> Why backwards?  Because of the lower gear ratio?

Gear ratio is the same,  Use top gear.

Backwards is easier because you can bump the car bumper with your knees while you are looking at the valves or distributor cam or whatever you are working on.

Obviously the Europa was easier forwards, because I was bumping the back bumper.  :-)

--
Phil Ethier  West Side  Saint Paul Minnesota  USA
1962 Triumph TR4 CT2846L, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1993 Suburban,