[TR] to use gasket sealer or not

FGFO1 at aol.com FGFO1 at aol.com
Thu Aug 23 11:11:38 MDT 2007

Always use gasket sealer. I have found Hylomar to be the best by far. I have
even used it without a gasket in an emergency.
I had an occasion in 1987 to have some screws coated in Hylomar. I still have
a bunch of them sitting in a parts bin open to the air. the Hylomar is still
soft and sticky all these years later. Breaking open a joint and reusing is
easy. I just cant say enough about it.
Silicone however has never served me well. The slightest bit of oil missed
out of cleaning will give you heartache.
Frank Fisher