[TR] TR3 steering box

tr3driver at ca.rr.com tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Sun Aug 19 01:08:44 MDT 2007

> If you were to fill the box and the column up to
> the bottom of the upper filler plug the box would be "overfilled" and
> seemingly the extra oil in the column would put pressure on all the seals in
> the box. Am I missing something in my understanding?

Book says to fill to the level of the upper plug, so that's what I do.  The extra pressure on the seal is very minimal, it should be able to handle it with ease.

Don't forget, all the steering components on a TR3 originally came from some other car (mostly a Mayflower as I recall).  Likely the fill plug on the box was used in a different application.

Randall