[TR] TR6 Wiring Question

ZoboHerald at aol.com ZoboHerald at aol.com
Sat Aug 18 20:22:24 MDT 2007

In a message dated 8/18/2007 9:09:40 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
fishplate at charter.net writes:

I have a  1975 TR6, and I want the oil pressure light to
illuminate...all I can get  is a dull glow....I assume it is meant to be this
way, but I can't see any way  for the oil pressure lamp to get a full 12V,
and I see no indication that a
6V lamp should be installed in place of the normal lamps.

What were  they thinking when they designed it this way?  Is there
something  that I'm missing?

==AM==
It WAS intentional, in that Triumph simply provided a "cheap and cheerful"
way to offer a bulb-check upon startup. I don't know about the voltages at each
 lamp, but what you describe is pretty much exactly how Triumph said it was
supposed to work on the Mk3 Spitfire (only factory workshop manual I have at
hand at the moment).

--Andy   Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not  so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with   wings.
-- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus   (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6)  and
Triumph Herald Database at its new URL: _http://triumph-herald.us_
(http://triumph-herald.us/)