[TR] TR3 steering box

wbeech wbeech at flash.net
Sat Aug 18 22:42:32 MDT 2007

I don't have a split column on my '58 but I do have the plug on the steering
column, about 2/3 down from the firewall.  My understanding was that this
was to lubricate the steer column only, so I filled it with 90w lube.

The plug on the top of the steering gearbox is not too hard to  get to if
you first remove the horn.  As there is no pressure being created inside the
box, filling it up should have no ill effects, just longer between the next
time you have to top it off.

Bill B
'58 TR-3A TS/30766 L (rolling restoration)
"A bad day in your TR just gives you license to go shopping on-line again!"