[TR] front suspension

Chip19474 at aol.com Chip19474 at aol.com
Thu Aug 16 06:06:58 MDT 2007

In a message dated 8/16/2007 4:08:09 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
KingR44916 at aol.com writes:

can't  believe
how high the front is hope it goes down alittle

Did you compare spring heights between the old springs and new  springs
before installation?  I've seen spring heights vary between vendors  and, if you're
not expecting the outcome, the ride height can be surprisingly  different!

Another trick that worked for my TR6 is to purposely not strongly  tighten
the upper control arm bushing nuts and the lower control arm  bushing bolts
after you rebuild the suspension.  Let the car come down on  the suspension and
actually drive it for a few miles to allow the bushings to  seat then tighten
all of the bolts/nuts.  Of course if your ride height is  really off a lot this
won't compensate completely for the spring height  difference.

Chip Krout
Delaware Valley Triumphs, Ltd.
Skippack, PA

1976  TR6 CF57822U