[TR] can you tell a rotor?

emanteno at comcast.net emanteno at comcast.net
Sat Aug 4 20:55:22 MDT 2007

From: Bob Labuz <yellowtr at adelphia.net>

> Maybe someone can set me straight!!
>
> Over the years I have acquired a number of OEM rotors as they seem to appear
> out of nowhere when one gets a parts car or project.
>
> They all look the same to me and when it comes time to get a new engine
> started, I just pick one, clean it up and away we go.

You probably have old stock Lucas. They were fine. The stuff that has been sold over the last 3-5 years is the problem stuff. My last Lucas rotor started going bad after less than 1000 miles. I've heard some of them crack and arc, leading to misfires or no starting/running.
Irv Korey
74 TR6 CF22767U
Highland Park, IL