[TR] can you tell a rotor?

Bob Labuz yellowtr at adelphia.net
Sat Aug 4 18:22:31 MDT 2007

On Saturday 04 August 2007 07:09 pm, Btmfdchn at aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 8/3/2007 8:13:34 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
> emanteno at comcast.net writes:
>

> The  problem rotors were genuine Lucas. The cure was the OEM rotors, white
> box with  blue printing, made in Italy. I got mine from World Wide Imports
> of Madison  (WI).
>

> Greetings...  Agreed.  I got mine from  AutoZone.    TJ

Greetings,

Maybe someone can set me straight!!

Over the years I have acquired a number of OEM rotors as they seem to appear
out of nowhere when one gets a parts car or project.

They all look the same to me and when it comes time to get a new engine
started, I just pick one, clean it up and away we go.

I currently own 2 TRs, and have had two others and have never had a problem
with the rotors. Problems with internal distributor wires, points, and caps
but never a problem with a rotor or even a coil.

Have I been lucky?

With my current project, a 63 TR4, I just picked a rotor out of the bunch and
the engine runs just wonderful.

What causes a rotor to go bad? Is it related to wear between the rotor contact
and the cap contacts?

BTW, just got back from a little ride down to a local farm for sweet corn and
a few other veggies.

It was such a nice day! And it is another great year for sweet corn in central
NY.

Anyway, that 4 really purrs down the road with just no effort at all.

But I still need to make some adjustments to the clutch.

I have blead it a number of times but it still seems go need a pump or 2.

This is a first for me using dot 5.

The breaks are just fine, but I cant seem to get all the air out of the clutch
system.

I have no leaks, drips or errors.

Once I pump the pedal, the clutch works just fine, so the mechanical side of
the clutch is OK.

Maybe the problem could be the slave?

Oh well, the real fun is working on these wonderful machines!

Bob